Croeso i Blwyddyn 5. Welcome to Year 5.
Class teacher: Mr Jones/Miss Steel
Classroom assistant: Miss Barnes/Mrs Green
This term, Year 5 will be studying the topic 'Potions' and 'Harry Potter'
This topic has a Science focus and teaches children about how different materials are formed and react to each other. There will also be lots of opportunities to discuss the Harry Potter books and characters.
This term, Year 5 will be learning about the following areas:
Maths: Shapes and congruency, measurements, proportion, prime numbers
Literacy: Recount - Newspaper article
Science: Solids, liquids and gases and potions.
Welsh: Book review
Tuesday - PE - Gymnastics
Kit required - leggings/shorts and a t-shirt
Wednesday - Guitars with Mr Godwin
Pentrahafod transition project (alternative weeks, starting 25.9.19)
This week, we have been...
- Exploring the features of recounts in newspapers.
- Shapes - reflections, translations and coordinates.
- Exploring different matters of states (solids, liquids and gases).
- Learning about Christianity.
- Describing a Harry Potter character in Welsh.
- Discussing internet safety and rules for safely playing online.
- Learning and practicing new balances and shapes with a partner in gymnastics.