Croeso i Blwydden 4
Welcome to Year 4
Mr Rowe is the class teacher.
Mrs Sears-Neale is the class assistant.
Our topic this term is Copper Jack.
This topic teaches children about the way of life during the Victorian era in Swansea.
We will be learning about:
- Schooling - the way in which children were educated.
- Work life - the types of jobs that adults and children had to do.
- Housing - the different types of homes that were lived in.
- Famous people - a number of famous Victorians and why they were famous.
This week in year 4 we have been:
- Thinking of questions for William Wire - a Victorian visitor.
- Thinking of the main points of our discussion text.
- Planning our discussion text - oracy.
- Working on number sequences.
- Working on function machines.
- Solving word problems related to the weekly maths.
- Celebrating Chinese New Year.