Croeso i Blwydden 4
Welcome to Year 4
Mr Rowe is the class teacher.
Mrs Sears-Neale is the class assistant.
Our topic this term is Copper Jack.
This topic teaches children about the way of life during the Victorian era in Swansea.
We will be learning about:
- Schooling - the way in which children were educated.
- Work life - the types of jobs that adults and children had to do.
- Housing - the different types of homes that were lived in.
- Famous people - a number of famous Victorians and why they were famous.
This week in year 4 we have been:
- Identifying the features of a range of explanation texts.
- Using skimming, scanning and detailed reading skills to answer comprehension questions.
- Creating a glossary.
- Ordering explanation texts.
- Experimenting with Cuisenaire Rods.
- Learning about forces.
- Joining sentences using different connectives.
- Planning and ordering explanation texts.
- Creating our own explanation texts.
- Interpreting information from a range of data.
- Creating menus for a Victorian party.
- Researching information for a Victorian party.