Welcome to Year 3 Croeso i Blwydden 3
Miss Roberts is the class teacher
Miss Willett, Miss Burns and Miss Barnes also work with us.
This week in Year 3 we have been
- planning a discussion about Pokemon cards
- walking and talking the pictures of the discussion using the correct language - firstly, however, therefore, on the other hand, some people think, in conclusion.
- adding 2 a 3 digit numbers using 3 different methods, partitioning the number in to 10s and units, using 100 square, column addition.
- adding several numbers using numicon.
- learning about jobs that children did during the Victorian era, matching words pictures and descriptions
- adding ing to words- learning the 3 rules, Add ing, drop the e add ing and double the consonant and add ing
- investigation magnets. Magic Magnet hover challenge
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @waunwen- look for the #waunweny3 to see what is going on in class.
Well done Year 3! We won the Attendance Award for September and October! Keep it up!
This term our topic is called Copper Jack
This topic teaches children about the way of life during the Victorian era in Swansea.
We will be learning about:
- Schooling - the way in which children were educated.
- Work life - the types of jobs that adults and children had to do.
- Housing - the different types of homes that were lived in.
- Famous people - a number of famous Victorians and why they were famous.